McMorris Rodgers Announces Eastern Washington Native as new Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C. (January 17, 2017)–Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers today announced that Walla Walla native Ian Field will serve in her Congressional office as Chief of Staff.
“With this new year comes a renewed commitment to deliver excellent customer service to people and families all across Eastern Washington, and I’m excited to see what the future has in store as we think big and challenge the ‘status quo’ in Washington, D.C.,” said Rep. McMorris Rodgers. “Ian has a deep understanding of the issues facing our area — there isn’t a corner of the district that he doesn’t intimately know thanks to his many years serving on the ground throughout the Fifth Congressional District. Ian is uniquely qualified to lead my team as we continue to listen to people in our area and advocate on their behalf.”
- A Walla Walla native, Ian previously held a variety of roles in the Congresswoman’s Congressional office based in Spokane and Washington, D.C., where he focused on constituent outreach and communications.
- During his time with McMorris Rodgers, Field has worked on important Eastern Washington priorities, including advocating for the completion of the North-South Freeway, improving forest health to prevent fires, reforming the VA to bring better care to veterans, and advancing hydropower.
- Field is a Walla Walla Valley Academy graduate and alumnus of Walla Walla University.
Other key staff announcements include:
- Andrew Engell of Colville, Washington, recently joined the Congresswoman’s team as the Northern Regional Representative, where he is dedicated to ensuring residents in Stevens, Pend Oreille, Ferry, and Lincoln counties have direct access to the many services provided by the Congresswoman and her team. Engell joined the Congresswoman’s staff in December 2016.
- Jessie Laughery of Clarkston, Washington, will assume a newly-created role, Manager of Constituent and Community Relations, where she will ensure residents continue to have a wide variety of opportunities to engage in a dialogue with their U.S. Representative. This includes ensuring a “people-first” standard of excellence within the office’s many services offered to the people of Eastern Washington. Laughery has served on the Congresswoman’s team since 2015.
# # #