McMorris Rodgers Helps Introduce Bill to Strengthen Election Integrity, Restore Confidence in Voting Process
Washington, D.C. – Eastern Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) helped introduce the American Confidence in Elections (ACE) Act, comprehensive legislation to strengthen election integrity and restore confidence in the voting process.
“I believe we must restore trust and confidence in our election system,” said Rodgers. “Every American – Republican, Democrat, and Independent – deserves to know that their vote is counted when they go to the polling place or mail in their ballot. This legislation takes a huge step towards shoring up our free and fair elections by empowering states to put in place long-overdue voter ID requirements, establishing standards for mail-in voting, and deterring any foreign interference. This is a common sense solution that we should all be able to rally behind as Americans.”
The American Confidence in Elections Act strengthens election integrity by:
- Providing tools and models to help states strengthen their own processes.
- Empowering states to implement REAL ID standards that confirm only citizens are voting.
- Allowing states to update and maintain voter rolls.
- Establishing standards for how the U.S. Postal Service handles mail-in votes.
- Requiring reports on any foreign threats to our elections.
- Terminating and preventing the funding of any Disinformation Governance Board.
Unlike the Democrats’ H.R. 1, the ACE Act does not override a state’s right to administer federal elections, while still taking the necessary steps to ensure American elections are free, fair, and secure.
CLICK HERE to read the bill.