McMorris Rodgers Reacts to CBO Report on American Health Care Act
WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 13, 2017) – Eastern Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) released the following statement after the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released its report on the American Health Care Act.
“The CBO report confirms that House Republicans’ process to repeal and replace Obamacare will lower premiums and taxes, reduce the federal deficit, increase consumer choice, and reform Medicaid for the first time in its 52-year history. I hear the concerns people have about CBO’s projected coverage numbers. However, their score doesn’t tell the whole story. CBO doesn’t take into account future actions Congress and the Administration will take to further lower costs and increase coverage options. Our plan will open up the insurance market so more people can find plans they want at prices they can afford, while addressing the disconnect between coverage and access to care.”
NOTE: The CBO estimate confirms that the American Health Care Act will lower premiums and increase access to quality, affordable care. The CBO’s estimate shows that the legislation advances the core goals of our plan to repeal and replace Obamacare:
- Lowers premiums by 10 percent.
- Reduces the federal deficit by $337 billion.
- Makes major entitlement reform, capping Medicaid spending for the first time, saving taxpayers $880 billion.
- Lowers taxes by $883 billion, providing massive tax relief for middle-income Americans and small business owners.
- Increases choices for consumers, creating a vibrant market where people will have more freedom and flexibility to get the plan they want.
# # #