Spokane, Wash. – Eastern Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) will lead a roundtable with local, state, and federal officials to discuss ongoing cleanup efforts after the Gray and Oregon Road Fires burned through more than 22,484 acres and destroyed 366 homes in Spokane County between August 18th and August 25th, 2023.
In addition to announcing this discussion, McMorris Rodgers sent a letter to the Biden administration today with Senator Maria Cantwell requesting an immediate update on Governor Inslee’s request for a Major Disaster Declaration.
CLICK HERE to read the full letter.
WHAT: A roundtable discussion with community leaders and agency representatives about the status of wildfire assistance and ongoing recovery efforts.
DATE: Wednesday, January 24, 2024
TIME: 11:00 AM P.T.
LOCATION: Spokane County Courthouse
Spokane County Commissioners Main Floor Conference Room
1116 W Broadway Ave, #100, Spokane 99201
PARTICIPANTS: The following are confirmed to participate. This list is subject to change.
- Spokane County Commissioner Al French
- Spokane County Commissioner Josh Kerns
- Medical Lake Mayor Terri Cooper
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) Chandra Fox
- Re*Imagine Medical Lake President Gerri Johnson
- Long Term Recovery Group Vice President Dick Zeinhert
- Salvation Army Director of Operations & Business Andrea Reedy
- Washington State Emergency Management Director Robert Ezelle
The roundtable will be open to the press. If you have any press-related questions or would like to RSVP, please contact Kyle VonEnde at Kyle.VonEnde@mail.house.gov.