My focus is, and always has been, on getting results for you and your families in Eastern Washington. This Congress, I’ve worked to pass 10 bills in the House, and 6 of these bipartisan bills have been signed into law.
Because of my 6 bills that are now law:
- People with ALS and other degenerative diseases have permanent access to speech-generating devices under Medicare.
- People living with disabilities can now explore the workforce and save more of what they earn in ABLE Accounts.
- Parents can now rollover 529 account funds for their children into ABLE accounts.
- The Teaching Health Center Graduate Medical Education Program is extended and funding is more than doubled. This will help us bring more doctors to rural areas, where we face a shortage.
- The Secure Rural Schools Program is extended to provide affected counties with essential services, funding for public education, and infrastructure maintenance.
- More jobs and economic development are coming to Whitman County.
In addition, I helped secure 12 additional tankers and the largest pay raise in nearly a decade for our troops serving at Fairchild. I have also worked to make college more affordable for our children, led to protect our dams, invested in our communities’ infrastructure — including our airports in Spokane, Pullman, and Walla Walla — and more. For a comprehensive look at the results I’ve delivered for Eastern Washington, visit McMorris.house.gov/wins.