Wildfire Resources

Communities in Eastern Washington are all too familiar with wildfires. While fires aren’t new to us, the growing frequency and intensity of fires is creating devastating impacts for our communities.

Below is a list of federal, state, and local resources to help keep you and your families safe and help you recover from wildfires. Please contact my office at 509-353-2374 should you or a loved one need assistance or guidance. In addition to these resources, I encourage you to follow guidance from state, county, and local officials, including firefighters, law enforcement, the Red Cross, and others.

  • Small Business Administration low-interest federal disaster loans are available to Washington businesses and residents. Click here to learn more and apply.
    • Businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets.
    • Disaster loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate. Homeowners and renters are eligible for up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property.
    • If you need assistance, please contact the SBA at (800) 659-2955.
  • Housing and Urban Development resources, including mortgage assistance, are available here. You can learn more by calling (800) 304-9320.
  • Agriculture-related losses: Contact your local USDA Farm Service Agency office to report agriculture-related losses.
  • Flooding: The risk of flooding increases after wildfire. To learn how to prepare for flooding in your neighborhood, visit FEMA’s FloodSmart webpage.
  • Lost livestock assistance: Those that lost livestock in the wildfires may qualify for help from U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Livestock Indemnity Program.
  • Tree grower assistance: Growers who lost trees to wildfires may qualify for help from U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Tree Assistant Program.
  • Protect your home from wildfires by creating defensible space.

*Air quality index here (lookup by city).

Veteran assistance: Veterans who have been affected by wildfires and need help should contact their County Veterans Program.

Asotin County:

Columbia County:

Spokane County:

Walla Walla County:

Whitman County:

Stevens County:

Pend Oreille County:

Lincoln County:

Ferry County:

Garfield County:

Adams County

Franklin County